Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality oral health care in a gentle and caring manner and to treating you with the utmost dignity and respect, allowing you to achieve and maintain the ultimate level of health and wellness. To help you plan for your health care investment, we want to make you aware of our financial policy.
Based on information obtained from the consultation, x-rays, and periodontal examination, Dr. Jones will make a diagnosis and establish a plan of treatment for your oral health. The ultimate responsibility for the fees associated with completing the treatment rests with you, the patient. For your convenience, our receptionist will go over the treatment fees to assist you in paying the fees after estimated insurance.
To allow us to keep our fees as low as possible we would like to minimize costly monthly billings; therefore, we request our patients to pay at the time of service. We do accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, personal checks with proper identification, and cash. For restorative treatment involving laboratory fees, the patient is asked to pay ½ of the total fee as treatment begins and the balance is due at the cementation of the restoration.
Our professional services are rendered and charged to you and not an insurance company. We will file your insurance claim, and as a courtesy, we are glad to accept assignment of benefits after your initial visit when authorized. We will help you maximize your insurance coverage, reducing your out-of-pocket expenditures.
Please remember dental insurance pays only a portion of your investment, and we urge you to be fully aware of the provisions of your dental co-payment policy. The amount that you are reimbursed is determined by your insurance contract. All payments are the total responsibility of the patient and are to be paid directly to this office. The attending statement we give you at the end of each visit contains all the information needed from the dentist for your insurance company. This procedure simplifies preparation of insurance forms and helps hold down cost not related to the delivery of great dental care. We expect all co-payments to be paid at the time of treatment.
We are happy to assist you with your insurance needs and appreciate the trust and confidence you have placed in us for your health care.
If you have financial conditions that prevent you from scheduling your treatment or keeping your account current, healthcare financing plans including Citi Health and CareCredit, are available. The receptionist has complete charge of financial arrangements and can consult with you on your individual needs.
Dr. Jones does not want any patient to go untreated due to financial conditions. Please review the following guide for additional resources and feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns.
REDUCING YOUR DENTAL BILLS
- Prevention is the key to reducing your dental costs. Talk with your dentist about ways to prevent serious dental problems.
- Have regular dental check-ups. Regular visits to your dentist, including x-rays, will allow early detection and treatment at early, less expensive stages.
- Removal of plaque by brushing and flossing your teeth thoroughly (2 minutes) at least once a day is essential to dental health. Tooth decay and gum disease can result by not removing plaque.
- A fluoride mouth rinse, toothpaste or gel recommended by the American Dental Association's Council on Dental Therapeutics can help teeth resist decay and make them stronger.
- Eating nutritious meals and snacks is also important for maintaining your oral health.
- Preventive techniques such as topical fluoride and pit and fissure sealants have reduced many dental problems.
These techniques will help to save your teeth and reduce your dental costs, but you and your family share the responsibility for your own oral health.